RebelBookDiva

Rebel Book Diva

We're six chicks who love to read. We want to share our wild conversations, our book likes and dislikes and all the craziness in between with you!

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
J.A. Redmerski
Disastrous - E.L. Montes I give it a strong 3.5 with love! There were many things that I liked and some that bothered me. First off, much respect to the author for releasing her first book! I am an aspiring author also so I know how much hard work, emotional investment and courage it takes to put yourself out there! It definitely felt like a first novel, though. I found myself wanting to edit a lot of it or tweak her writing up just a notch!

Things I loved:
- Mia's honesty and impulsiveness. She said out loud what was on my mind a lot!
- How much Marcus loved her. He makes me melt...aaahhhh...( A good song for him, "The man who can't be moved" by The Script! LOL)
- The plot, the secrets, the lies. It kept me interested.

Things that bothered me:
- There was not enough build up to them falling in love. It was all so sudden and I didn't feel that "moment". I love reaching that point in a story when I feel the characters falling in love and my heart clenches! I didn't feel that. It was like suddenly they were madly in love and you just had to believe it. Which became a little easier to do as the story went on I'll admit.
- I also didn't feel like Mia was as in to Marcus as he was into her. Maybe Mia could have offered a little more heartfelt words to him that would convince me how much she loved him.

Overall great story just needed a little more emotional connection to really put it over the top for me! I look forward to more from E.L. Montes, I like her style!