RebelBookDiva

Rebel Book Diva

We're six chicks who love to read. We want to share our wild conversations, our book likes and dislikes and all the craziness in between with you!

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
J.A. Redmerski

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2)

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2) - Tarryn Fisher 4.5 stars! I have so many emotions about this series I don't even know here to start! I've been literally in agony waiting for the sequel to The Opportunist! The ending of that book just stuck with me and I couldn't stop thinking about it. This is going to be a really long review and I will spoiler alert some of it at the end because it's hard to talk about it without being specific!

At first I really didn't want to read Dirty Red, I was hoping for something else as the sequel. I hated Leah in The Opportunist and I didn't care to read anything from her POV. She is the enemy in my opinion and in the way of Caleb and Olivia being together! Having said that, I am now really glad to know her side of things because it makes me feel that much better about the direction of this story!

Leah makes it very clear that she wants Caleb and she will do whatever it takes to have him! WHATEVER IT TAKES! He is like the sun to her and she thrives on his attention. When he withholds himself it's like her world turns to darkness. She hates Olivia with a passion and is insanely jealous of her. Leah tries to be everything she thinks Caleb wants. She knows she's his second choice but doesn't care as long as she has him. She's has already resorted to all sorts of trickery to keep him and she'll be damned if Olivia will mess that up.

"I let myself in with a key that he didn't know I had and studied the mess he left behind like I was fucking CSI."

We learn a lot about Leah, her childhood and what makes her the way the she is. Her story starts off a few hours after she's has given birth to Caleb's baby. She doesn't take to motherhood at all in fact she is jealous of all the attention Caleb gives their newborn daughter. She makes a huge and incredibly stupid mistake with the baby prompting Caleb to hire a nanny because it's clear Leah doesn't have it in her to be a good mother.

The manny, Sam, is awesome and never fails to tell Leah like it is. Soon Leah is struggling to hold on to Caleb, she asks for Sam's advice.

"How do I get him to come home?" She asks Sam.
"Get a new personality and learn to shut the fuck up." Was his reply

At another point Sam says to her..

You were a selfish, self centered, bitch."... "God, I can't believe I work for you. I feel sick."

Surprisingly, Sam's honesty actually helps her gain some perspective. As much as I resisted it, I did start to see where Leah was coming from and how she couldn't help her selfish and bitchy nature. She aches to be with Caleb, he is her addiction, all pride goes out the window when it comes to him. That doesn't mean that I ended up liking her, though.

Caleb clearly likes girls with bite! Olivia and Leah definately give him a run for his money. They are not your typical nice girls but in very different ways. Caleb tries to present this "boy scout" image as Leah describes but he has it in him to play dirty too. I look forward to more of him and his POV in "Thief". I'm so excited!

The book ends with a bang, although I don't think I was all that surprised given what we've learn about Leah. Dirty Red is the perfect name for her.

Now on to specifics...There will be quick reference to the Avoiding Series so don't read below unless you've read both AR/AC.

THANK YOU! The last chapter brought out everything that I had hoped (still hoping) Jack would say to Bekah! I am so happy with Caleb and that he actually had the balls to do it. I was jumping up and down! It's clear that Caleb will never be over Olivia. I will give him credit because I think that he actually tried to make things work with Leah. I felt he was genuine with her and was trying to move on which is why he married her. There were little things about Leah that he liked and he knew pretty much who Leah was, bad parts and all. She was sexy, affectionate and open to him in ways that Olivia never was. But the heart wants what the heart wants...

"I didn't choose her," his voice breaks. "Love is illogical. You fall into it like a manhole. Then you are just stuck. You die in love more than you live in love."

I'm hoping that Caleb is the Thief that steals Olivia back! Although I don't understand his months of "depression" after the trial that Leah was talking about. Was it over Olivia because she came to him around that time and told him she wanted to be with him and he turned her away! Why??? It's clear he regrets it now! Also, what's the deal with Seth? Three guesses who the father of that baby is! Also, the term "sexy Ghandi" just sounds wrong so I'm hoping we lose that going forward! Hopefully we won't feel so bad for Noah if things turn out the way I want them to! Maybe Noah is not such a nice guy. That would make it easier than to see a nice guy get his heart broken. I hate when that happens.

Hopefully we will not have to wait too much longer! Tarryn you are amazing and I dislike you at the same time for stirring these sorts of emotions in me!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE NEXT BOOK!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!