RebelBookDiva

Rebel Book Diva

We're six chicks who love to read. We want to share our wild conversations, our book likes and dislikes and all the craziness in between with you!

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
J.A. Redmerski

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1) - A. Meredith Walters 4.5 stars.

Maggie is your average high school senior with a seemingly perfect life, and it's boring her to death. That is until she literally bumps into Clayton Reed, the new guy in school.

"What the hell?" The guy growled, stooping to pick up the items he had dropped in our bodily fender bender...

"Oh I'm sorry, did I miss the stop sign." I fired back...

It's safe to say their first meeting was less than pleasant. Clay is all anyone can talk about, he's the hot and mysterious loner that never really talks except to trade insults with Maggie. When he finally does acknowledge other people he's usually moody and rude. For some reason Maggie is still drawn to him. Their odd friendship quickly changes when they fall hard and fast for each other, to the dismay of her family and friends.

"And Clay, for all of his flaws was my future. Whether my family and friends agreed or not.-Maggie

Maggie's relationship with Clay becomes her world. She repeatedly disobeys her parents rules, she stops hanging out with her friends, and misses cross country practice constantly, jeopardizing her hopes of a scholarship. She only wants Clay.

"Was all first love this intense?" - Maggie

Maggie tries her best to penetrate the walls that Clay has built around himself in order to get to the bottom of his mood swings. One minute he's fun, sweet and loving, next he's quiet and recluse, then he's angry and mean.

"...if I loved him, I had to love all parts of who he was."- Maggie

We start to learn that Clay is suffering from mental illness, (but I don't think that's a surprise to anyone...) Maggie is the only person in Clay's life that he feels he can trust with his secrets. He starts to become dependent on his time with her to keep him stable and less on his medication.

"This is all I need, Mags. Just you and me, together.- Clay"

Needless to say, things start to spiral down hill fast! Clay's behavior becomes erratic and unpredictable. He's self destructive and scaring the crap out of Maggie!

"No you didn't..." "Are you fucking crazy!"-Maggie
"Yes, Maggie. I am FUCKING CRAZY!-Clay priceless!

Maggie is in waaay over her head and she knows it!

"Clay, I love you. I love every single part of you. I need you to hold it together. Do it for me if not for yourself."

Maggie feels like she's losing him and she is terrified.

"I couldn't handle sitting by and watching the boy I love slowly slip away into the darkness of his mind.

Can she help him and more importantly will he let her?

How do I really feel?
This was a difficult subject. How do you love someone with a mental illness? It's clear that Clay didn't mean to behave the way he did, it's part of his sickness. Maggie knows that but it doesn't make his actions hurt any less. There were times that I wanted to hug Clay and tell him everything was going to be OK. Other times I wanted to choke him out! This is a hard road for them. I really can't wait for the sequel!