RebelBookDiva

Rebel Book Diva

We're six chicks who love to read. We want to share our wild conversations, our book likes and dislikes and all the craziness in between with you!

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
J.A. Redmerski

Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)

Avoiding Commitment - K.A. Linde Perfect! I loved EVERYTHING about this book. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would! Before I decided to read it I accidentally took a peak at the description for the second book so I sort of new where things were headed (oops) That being said I was able to prepare myself which I think helped a lot. I felt everything that Lexi went through, I understood every move she made and why! She could have easily been me! I loved her, best lead female character I've read about in a long time! The story was soooo good! I can't say enough about it! An emotional roller coaster for sure but totally worth it!

I also loved the nod to S.C. Stephens's Thoughtless series with the D-bags t-shirt!

**Spoiler Alerts from this point on...

Unbelievable! I felt all of Lexi's emotions, falling in love with Jack, hope that things would develop into a real relationship between them, desperation when it looked like things weren't going that way, her shock and heartbreak when she eventually realized that Jack was a douche and finally feelings of closure. Jack didn't deserve her. He had his chance to be with her and he screwed it up (on purpose I'm sure). It all boiled down to the fact that Jack just really didn't want to be with her bad enough. He was good at the head games. He even admitted to her that when he was around her he wanted to be with her and when he wasn't around her he wanted to be with other people. When given the option to choose who he wanted to be with, it wasn't her. Enough said! Lexi finally realized that he didn't love her the way she loved him and that she had been fooling herself this whole time. It was like this real "wow" moment for me! The only thing that I wish that Lexi would have done was smack Bekah too! That b***** tried to come across as this genius puppet master but she's just as pathetic for getting engage to a guy who just slept with his "ex-non girlfriend" the same night he proposes to her. I don't feel bad for Jack not one bit, he was selfish and deserves to be with Bekah, if not alone for the rest of his life.

Now the next book I suppose includes Lexi and Ramsey trying to make a go at things. I don't have an opinion of Ramsey yet. I can't say I like him or dislike him but a fling with him was not appropriate given the situation as it was unfolding. Also how awkward and painful will it be for Lexi to be with the brother of her ex-non-boyfriend-who-completely-ripped-out-her-heart's (possible) wife!?! Either way I cannot wait to read it!